Today is Tzom Gedaliah (Fast of Gedaliah). It is one of the 4 Fast days that remind us that Jerusalem and the Beis Hamikdash were destroyed.
The period we are in now is Aseret Yemei Teshuva (the 10 days of repentance).
Today Raize talks about 6 ways to do Teshuva (6 ways to reconnect to Hashem).
1) A person has to know his self worth
2) Taking on a small kabalah (resolution)- a small action that will lead you in the right
direction to self improvement.
3) Connecting our ruach (spirit) to Hashem's spirit - This is called amera naima (a
pleasant statement). Connecting to the beauty, the upliftance, the geshmak
(deliciousness)of Torah & Mitzvot.
4) Return that which has been stolen.
5) Connect to the The Yud Gimmel midos of Hashem - The 13 attributes of GD.
6) Do the 4 steps of Teshuva
* Charata – Regret
* Aziva - Leaving the sin
* Kabalah – making a resolution not to do it again.
* Vidduy – verbal confession
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.